Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Easter Skirt

Easter Skirt is finished, I think.

May add belt loops and a ribbon belt, if I can find a ribbon that I think fits this well enough.

I made this to fit my DD and it fits her perfectly. Depending on if I decide to do the belt or not will determine whether I add a strip or two of elastic thread to the inside of the waistband for a snug fit.

The original pattern calls for 3 layers of ruffles, mine only has 2. I wanted a shorter skirt more of a 'tutu' type skirt, so I eliminated one set of ruffles.

This actually worked up very quickly. The time spent on this was about the equivalent of the average doily. Although I'm very happy with the results of this, for any future skirts using this pattern I will use either baby yarn or size 5 or 3 crochet cotton. Just preference mostly because of the weight differences between the thread and yarns.

Now I'm anxious to start more of these. I would like to make at least 3 more in newborn size for my shop. And another one for DD and one for my niece.  Well I'm off to start stitching another skirt.

As Always, Happy Stitching,
Ashly Newton

No comments:

Post a Comment