Wednesday, August 5, 2015

A week in review

I've completed 3 more rounds of Sophie's Universe. For now though I put it to the side while I worked on a few other things.

Charmed Mama Cloth
This is my fifth mama cloth this week. My own pattern using the "bifold" method. Each mama cloth is heavy/overnight absorbency. Each pad I made this week was 100% hand stitched. My stitching could use some work, but my top stitching has vastly improved this week.
Mama Cloth Quintet

I also got to work on a little cross stitching. This design when finished will become a phone case/phone sleeve :).

And lastly some puppy tax for sticking with me to this point. 

Monday, July 27, 2015

Sophie's Universe

I jumped on the bandwagon for Sophie's Universe a little late, but better late than never right?
 Pictured is Sophie's Universe
WIP Completed rounds 1-33
Started this last night and it is ADDICTING! Each round is different, the stitches are constantly flip flopping from front post, back post, I'm crocheting in 2 rows down, and back up again and so on. For me it's just a breath of fresh air from the normal same stitch repeats for round after round after round.

So if you're up for a challenge (not like hard type of challenge, just a focus challenge) then I highly suggest this wonderful afghan. Currently I'm doing mine in a solid Navy Blue, but maybe once I'm finished I'll pick a palette of colors and start fresh with another Sophie's Universe.

Friday, June 5, 2015

Red Wine Top

Lost my hook so I had to take a mini break
on this until the hook came out of hiding.


All the scraps from other blankets.
A multitude of different stitches, all combined in a very eclectic fashion.
 Originally this blanket was intended to be the As-We-Go-Stripey Blanket from Hannah over at Not Your Average Crochet, but then as I stitched I at some point lost the printed pattern and just kept stitching in a fashion of stitches that I was comfortable with. I added in some bean stitch, a few extra half double crochet rows, and a row of spike stitch along the way. The blanket is essentially the same design as hers.

On the Catherine Wheel she does emphasize that one must stitch loosely. I just couldn't seem to adjust well enough that everything didn't seem squeezed and misshapen, so I increased my hook size until it was loose enough and then reverted back when I'd completed the Catherine Wheel rows.

I also used a variety of yarns to stitch this blanket. Most is Red Heart Super Saver, but I did use some of Vanna's Choice yarn, Lion Brand Wool, Caron Eco and a few rows of Bernat Baby yarn. These rows however I tried to use primarily within the half double crochet rows, and adjusted the hook size to keep the gauge with the rest of the blanket.
My little one was enjoying it before I could even finish it.